Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Where are my keys?????????


So........it looks like I have a little DIVA on my hands! On Friday, I got the princess up and got her ready to go to the sitter. Once she was dressed I went to open the garage and start the car and couldn't find my keys anywhere. I dumped my purse out on the counter and tore my bedroom apart to no avail. I went and sat her down on the couch and I asked her if she knew where mommy's keys were. She looked at me with that little grin and nodded so I asked if she would show me where they were. She, again, looked at me with the same little grin and shook her head NO! AHHHHHHH! At this point, I was already going to be late for work and she was just sitting there........she may as well have been laughing in my face. This went on for about 5 minutes or so and let me tell you, going back and forth with a 2 year old, it seemed like forever! She finally gave me this exasperated sigh and an "IF YOU MUST KNOW" look and sauntered over to the laundry basket which was right in front of her room. She stood over it with her arms crossed over her chest, now I don't know for sure but I was pretty certain that this kind of attitude didn't start until the early teenage years. At this rate, I'm totally convinced that I'm going to have my hands full! I walked up behind her and she pulled the damn key out of the pocket of a pair of HER jeans that were at the very bottom of the basket. You think she was trying to tell me something???? Oh well, amongst all the craziness, she got to the sitter and I managed to make it to work on time and now I hang my keys on a key ring!

1 comment:

  1. I could have told you a year ago she was going to be a little diva! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a recently separated, working mommy of a 2 year old princess. She is the most amazing gift and by far the greatest accomplishment of my entire life.